Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PLANNING

The Landlord was quick to promise someone would come by to check the roof. I haven't seen anyone but the roof doesn't leak on a sunny day. Sometimes I think that Chic's Beach operates on Jamaica time.

I don't feel nearly as rich now as I did last week, but it's only money and at my age, you shouldn't put off gratification.

My plans for the Fall and Winter are beginning to come together, although I may have waited too long to make some of my plans, I will find something to fill in the time. I have been told that some of the places and dates I wanted are booked full, particularly at the single rates.

October 11 is the Dean Applebutter festival in Mechanicsville and sometime I will have to fit in a visit to a movie theatre to see "Express", the movie I have heard so much about.

November 15 is the Notre Dame game in Baltimore.

November 27 is Thanksgiving. I have been invited to Peggy's and I intend to be there.

December 6 is the Army game in Philadelphia and our 13th Company mini reunion.

December 25 is Christmas, which is probably at Peggy's again this year although I haven't talked about that yet.

December 27 back to Jamaica to Negril, until Jan. 6. I wanted to stay longer but the resort is sold out. I will look into going to someplace in Ocho Rios, Montego Bay or Runaway Bay. There is not much to see in Negril outside the resorts, which are pretty much the same.

About mid-January I am looking at spending a few days in either Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic.

Then it is off to St. Maarten in the Leewards to embark on the S/V Caledonia, a Canadian barkentine, that is based in Newfoundland but spends the Winter in the islands.

That should leave me in Grenada about Feb. 7. When I get the paper work for the cruise, confirming the debark schedule, then I will look for a place in the down islands to hang for about a week. Grenada, Barbados or Trinidad come to mind. I know that I can get a flight from Barbados to Kingston for the next part of my adventure but I will not be filling in details like that until I get the paperwork for the parts of the trip I already paid for.

Then it is back to Negril about Feb. 18 until early in March. Then I think I'll come home for a few weeks.

My sailing club is looking at early April for the Virgin Islands cruise, but nothing firm yet.

When the plans are set, I will write up a complete schedule for anyone interested.

3 comments:

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

I'm a big fan of Grenada -- stayed in a lovely resort called Twelve Degrees North, which is worth investigating if it's still in business.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick-stumbled on your blog, live in Grenada. Weather in November can be a little rainy, you may luck out with a window. Check out Fish Friday in Gouyave (pronounced 'Guave'), the flying fish lunch at the Nutmeg Restaurant overlooking the Carenage in St. George's, and Wednesday or Friday nights at Di Vino wine pub in the Grand Anse, Le Marquis complex. Pete
[aside:When I read your line that you were married for 40 years and recently lost your wife it really hit home for me. I've been married 2 years now and can't imagine being without her). Hang in there buddy and enjoy the exploring-life has many more lessons and adventures for you, no doubt].

Anonymous said...

I re-read your note. You said Feb, not November for your trip. Good. Feb is usually great weather. Pub Hol is on the 7th. Independance day.