Monday, September 08, 2008

NEW EFFORT

This is a beginning of a new effort to get back in shape and loose weight. I am making major progress in improving my health and fitness. After Ellen's funeral, I was barely able to walk around the block. Now I can keep up with a tour group that walked over half of Italy.

The one thing is that I gained more weight and now I must make an effort to get back to a weight that is easier to live with. I know I'll never have the body I did 40 years ago but I can get to a shape that I like better than the one I see in the mirror right now.

Last spring, I told one of my neighbors that I was trying to get back in shape and he said "Round is a shape". He obviously can live with that, but I can't. That phrase has become a local in joke since many of my friends seem to be able to live with it.

Getting up early and making regular blog postings is part of my program, along with diet and exercise and maybe a regular job. Or maybe not that extreme.

Stand by for progress reports.

No comments: