Sunday, September 07, 2008

FIRST STORM OF THE SEASON

From the way the local TV and Press covered it, Tropical Storm Hanna was going to be the storm of the century. It was only a weak storm by the time it got here and since it went inland, we were on the "dry" side of the circulation and didn't even get much rain. There doesn't seem to be much beach erosion and today is a very nice day.

Since this is the peak of the season, we may not have another scare this season. Suits me! This area usually suffers the most damage in the Nor'easters in Feb, March and April. Hurricanes move fast over cold water North of the Gulf Stream, but the late Winter storms can hang around for a week.

So this week I'm going to look for a job. I'm getting bored and putting on extra weight. There is so little business at the book store that I'm not getting a lot of hours, so I'm turning into a couch potato.

But today is Sunday so I'm off to the beach.

No comments: