Monday, December 10, 2007

TOO BUSY FOR A RETIRED GUY

My slightly euphoric mood from last week was erased when Navy lost it's head football coach. That was not unexpected after the way he was treated by Vadm Rodney RearEchelonMF, the Harpy Mafia and the current Supt., who is out to "deemphasize athletics", whatever that means. At least the current leadership had the sense to retain his assistant as the new head coach, but it remains to be seen how long he will stay as the Harpy Mafia continues it efforts to feminize the US Armed Forces.

I simply had to vent that. I know I am about a century or more behind the current political thinking, but there is a difference between women's rights and softening up the mission of the military, which when it comes down to it is to break things and kill people until the survivors do what we want. If that means some ones sensibilities are offended or their career options are limited by the need for special skills, so be it.

I feel that I have already said enough to get myself in trouble so I'll let it go at that.

I will continue to get on with my preparations for my next vacation. I am too busy for a guy who is supposed to be retired but it is mostly things I have fun at.

Only three months until Spring Training!

No comments: