Thursday, December 06, 2007

BACK AGAIN

Now that my computer has survived a major crash, which wiped out ALL my files, I am getting things back to the way they were. I will resume my rather erratic posting schedule.

Since the great wipe out, I have sold my house and gotten rid of a lot more STUFF on my way to a more mobile life style. The hardest thing to part with was my 1965 Mustang Coupe. With no house, no garage and no place to store it, it would not have fit into my new lifestyle. I did manage to find a good home for it in nearby North Carolina with a horse farmer and riding stable owner who already owns four classic Mustangs, much to the annoyance of his long suffering wife. I may go to visit my old horse every once in a while.

For a guy who is supposed to be retired, I am very busy. I just got back from Baltimore and the latest Army-Navy football game. Navy won for the sixth year in a row. I almost feel sorry for the Cadets because I remember how I felt when Navy was loosing every year. But every time that I start to feel any sympathy for the Army guys, I ruthlessly suppress it! Sympathy can get you killed in a real life and death struggle.

Now that I have started again, I hope that it will be a lot easier to keep posting on a fairly regular basis.

1 comment:

Ed Lamb said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Dad. We may have to coast on this year's Commander-in-Chief trophy, though. I just saw on ESPN.com that Navy football coach Paul Johnson has signed a contract to coach Georgia Tech next year. The Academy is giving Johnson the bum's rush. He isn't being allowed on the sidelines for Navy's Dec. 20Poinsetta (sp.) Bowl against Utah. Oh well.

-- Ed