Thursday, February 01, 2007

SNOW

It never snows in Virginia Beach! To greet me home from my Caribbean vacation, it did snow today. It didn't last very long and now it is raining with a forecast of cloudy, cool and rain for the rest of the week. It is not cold in the way most of my new Canadian friends would think of cold but the temperature is near freezing and that is cold here.

I forgot to mention that i saw the Green Flash in Jamaica. Fifty years on the water and I had begun to think that it was one of those old jokes like the sea bat, the bucket of steam and the left handed monkey wrench. It does require a perfectly clear horizon, which is rare in the North Atlantic.

I spent the last two days trying to clean up the month long accumulation of e-mail and snail mail. By tomorrow I should have everything urgent taken care of. I did download my camera to my computer and I have a lot of good pictures. I have to spend some time to make up a slide show and put it on disks for everyone. I will try to put some of the best pictures on the blog when I figure out how to do that.

2 comments:

Peggy & Scott said...

Welcome back Grandpa!
Give me a call if you need help posting your pictures.

Scott

steve said...

The Green Flash!!! It's been on my list of "things to do" since I was about 12 years old. How lucky!

Glad you're back safely.

Kris