Thursday, July 13, 2006

RICHMOND VA DAY 2

Today I went with Peggy, her brood and a friend with her children on a "playdate". It wasn't such an exciting event but the boys are such a delight to be with.

The playdate must be a recent invention of suburbia. When I was growing up in the Bronx there was no shortage of kids of all ages to play with. We could usually get together two nine person teams to play softball or stickball just on my street. Now the houses are so far apart that it's hard to find someone your own age to play with.

We went to Shockoo Bottom in downtown Richmond which was so heavily damaged in the floods two years ago. Its slowly coming back and it is becoming very touristy. There a lot of things for the kids to see and do.

I got my train tickets to go to Jacksonville and Miami. Now I have to worry about hotels.

Tomorrow, all day rain is predicted. We have to figure something to do that will interest us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogging2retire??...it ain't true for 99% of us but for the 1% of us it can be. Check out
Blogging2Retire. Only if you have an open mind...=)