Monday, July 17, 2006

JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA

I came back to the hotel early last night to write this blog and found myself wih my head on my chest at midnignt and I hadn't even gotten logged in, so I went to bed.

I had a lovely visit with Peggy, her family, Susan and even had time to go to Lily Dean's fourth Birthday party on Saturday.

I wasn't able to get a sleeper on the train from Richmond. That is one of the disadvantages of doing most of this trip on a last minute, seat of the pants basis. It is also part of the fun. The result was over twelve hours in a coach seat with the legendary bad Amtrak food and beverage service. It wasn't quite as bad as an overnight trip I remember on a third class railroad car in Sicily, but I was 19 at the time and my idea of acceptable accommodations has changed since then. I guess it's all part of the adventure.

Today Kathy and George are going to do a little sightseeing and tomorrow I have a boat received and we are going on the river.

I'm learning how to use my new digital camera and maybe soon I'll be able to add some pictures.

2 comments:

sarirose said...

Sorry I missed you both places. I also went to a playgroup in Moyack. Hope you missed the tipping boat!

sarirose said...

Sorry I missed you both places. I also went to a playgroup in Moyack. Hope you missed the tipping boat!