Sunday, September 03, 2006

Something different

Here I am in Maine! No half naked Toga parties, drinking games or swimming contests here.

There is a lot of boating to be done here, especially with the remnants of ERNSTO going through.

Last week we went to a county fair. I was surprised to see that people still live that way.

We saw the cattle auctions, milking contests, horse races and the giant pumpkin jugding. I didn't know that a pumpkin could weight in at 400 pounds.

On Friday, my daughter Clair and I drove her daughter Claire to Montreal to her college. She is a senior at McDill College. This is the first time I have been in Montreal in 45 years.

My daughter's friendry Fleightrer made his movie "Don't tell a soul" in Montreal. In the outside scenes. Montreal really looks a lot like like downtown New York.

Then we came back on Sat 3 Sept. It was very interesting. Sat afternoon is the time of Flea Markets and Yard Sales.


From Vermont, through New Hampshire and into Maine, it seems that the main industy in New England is to sell your junk to someone else.

Maybe some more tomorro.

No comments: