Monday, November 01, 2010

SAMHAIN

I don't know exactly what the date of The ancient Celtic festival is this year, but it has been adopted by the Catholic Church as Halloween and All Saints Day and has become Chic's Beach major holiday. The costumes at the parties ranged through the usual pirates and vampires but also included more popular current themes like zombies and the Geico cave men.

The winners were a bunch of my neighbors who organized the whole crew of the Minnow. They were all there, Gilligan, the Captain, the millionaire and his wife and so on. They even got on stage and sang the theme song. I wish we could do this more often.

Tomorrow is the election, finally. I am so tired of it. I made up my mind months ago. Everybody in goes out: City, State and Federal. I am just sorry that VA has no Senator up this year.

Maybe the Rangers can work a miracle, but this is probably the last day for baseball this year.

No comments: