Sunday, August 02, 2009

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

I woke up this morning about 1130 AM and thought about what I needed to accomplish today. The answer was, nothing. That is a typical day in my retired life. At least when I go to bed at night, I can feel satisfied that I have accomplished everything that I set out to do that day.

Yesterday was typical of my days at home this year. I rose about noon, put on a bathing suit and a T shirt and thought about going for a walk on the beach. Instead I played with my computer, answered some e-mail, had something to eat and took a nap. Then I had some lunch, read a book, took another nap.

About 7 PM, I took a shower, shaved and put on some real clothes and went next door to watch a ball game. I saw that the ChiSox beat the Yankees 14-4 and decided I didn't want to watch another ball game and ESPN was showing extreme skate boarding. So I came back read some more and took another nap. About 2230 (10:30 PM for you civilians) I went back next door to listen to the band and then stayed until last call. When I came home I ate a sandwich and went to bed.

Today promises to be a repeat of yesterday, except that I think I really will go to the beach this afternoon. And then I have my customary Great Chic's Beach Pub Crawl on Sunday evening where I visit each of the 4 Local bars for at least one drink and try to watch the sunset from the deck at Alexander's.

No comments: