Monday, August 07, 2006

I WONDER WHAT THE POOR FOLKS ARE DOING TONIGHT

I am not sure what I was expecting to find when I got here, but I am Happier than a pig in a mud Puddle. I was half expecting something like some of the early Club Meds I visited in the 60's and 70's. The huts had thatched roofs, canvas walls only six feet high, dirt floors, army cots and no electricity or plumbing. When you did get down the lane to the "loo", the plumbing was French style. I'll explain that to you some time if you don't know what I mean. On top of that the showers were open air with no privacy. That didn't matter much because the French don't bathe much anyway.

By contrast, everything here is first class. The hotel rooms have everything you would want, including irons, hairdryers and satellite TV's with network news from the states, none of which I was. There is every facility you can imagine. Hobie cats, kayaks, snorkeling expeditions to the reef, wind surfers, unlimited food and liquor around the clock, all included. I am enjoying myself immensely and have finally solved my foot problems so I can get on the Conga line in the evenings. That is as gross as it sounds.

I'm running out of battery so I better post this. If it storms later today I may write more. Otherwise that's all the blog until next week.

I have some pictures from film I had developed in Florida and I'll try to post some if I can figure out how the software works.

No comments: